Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Sterne Library is excited to announce the third year of a certificate program specifically geared towards research in the Social Sciences. The program is designed to introduce you to various resources and research strategies.
- Who can attend?
- The program is open to ALL current UAB students, staff and faculty.
- How does it work?
- The program consists of seven sessions of 60 minutes each. To successfuly complete the program and receive the Social Sciences Research Toolkit Certificate, you must take at least 5 sessions.
- Where do classes meet?
- Beginning this semester, classes will be available online and can be taken at any time
- Links for sessions will be available soon.
Class Schedule (FALL, 2016)
- How Do I Start: Introduction to Social Sciences Resources
- Managing Information Overload: Citation Managers
- Not as Scary as They Seem: Finding Government Information: US Sources
- Data and Beyond: ICPSR
- Going Global: Finding Information from Sources Outside the US
- Branching Out: Introduction to Sources for Public Health Research
- Where Do I Go From Here? Scholarly Communication and Funding Your Research
For help, contact
Subjects: African American Studies
, Communication Studies
, Honors College
, Justice Sciences
, Political Studies
, Public Administration
, Social Work
, Women's Studies