Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Need clinical cases or reports to use in your teaching? Look no further.
If you need assistance logging into subscribed resources from off campus, or finding the specific case studies you need, please email me at email@example.com.
eBooks and Online Case Report Collections
More than 200 cases arranged by condition or type.
Ophthalmic Case Studies
This is a collection of case studies to help you get an insight on the typical history and initial examination of various ophthalmic disorders. The discussion, although brief, is intended to give you a simple overview of each disease. The questions at the end of each case are a good review for M3 Ophthalmology rotation final examination.
This guide is adapted from original material by Heather Edmonds, New England College of Optometry
Journals with Case Reports
How to Search PubMed for Case Reports
There is an easy way to search PubMed to find clinical case reports in your area of interest.
- First navigate to PubMed and search for your topic. (Please note this is a proxied link that, once logged in with your BlazerID and password, will allow you access to all UAB's subscribed content).
- When you are on the results screen, click Article types at the top of the left-most column, then click Customize...
- You will see a pop-up menu of different article types. Check the Case Reports box, and click Show.
- Go back to "Article types," and click Case Reports again. You will now see that the results have been filtered to show only case reports.
- To narrow your results further: go back to the left column, and under Publication dates choose "5 years."
- If you have trouble accessing full text, or it is not available, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to request it.