*****Note: F1000 workspace has been renamed as Sciwheel; for now the interface and functionality remain the same*****
Sciwheel is a powerful, yet easy to use, citation management software. It is web-based and free for UAB students and employees to use (access to Sciwheel is provided by UAB Libraries).
With Sciwheel, you can:
To get started with Sciwheel, please see the Creating Your Own Sciwheel Account section below.
And for assistance with Sciwheel, please contact the UAB Libraries.
1) Open your Sciwheel homepage
2) Click on your profile button (upper right hand corner of page) and then click on "Account"
3) On the left side of the page, click on "Proxy Settings"
4) Copy the following URL http://ezproxy3.lhl.uab.edu/login?url=$@ and paste it into the proxy settings field and click "Update"
This one time step will now allow you to access full-text articles available to you at UAB Libraries from within your Sciwheel citations.
To get started with Sciwheel at UAB, take the following steps:
1) Go to the UAB Libraries homepage
2) Click on the Databases link
3) Select "S" from the letter choices and then click on "Sciwheel"
4) Click on "Create Free Account Now"
5) Provide the requested information and then click "Create Free Account"
6) From within your email account, authenticate your email address via the email sent to you by Sciwheel and finalize the creation of your Sciwheel account by following the instructions emailed to you by Sciwheel.
7) Login to your Sciwheel account
Sciwheel offers an app for both Android and iOS devices. Using the Sciwheel app on your mobile device you can:
To download the Sciwheel app to your device, click on the icon (below) for the app repository which corresponds to your device.