Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New Resources at UAB Libraries
UAB Libraries is pleased to announce the addition of Elsevier’s ScienceDirect Journal & Ebook Collection!
- ScienceDirect is a full-text scientific database of peer-reviewed science, technology, and health articles and book chapters.
- To find content use the e-journals and e-books search at www.uab.edu/lister, link to the Science Direct Freedom Collection using ArticleLinker in databases like PubMed, or access the ScienceDirect website by searching for “S” on the databases page and selecting ScienceDirect.
- Find new journal titles or new backfiles by browsing the Alphabetic list of E-journals in Optometry/Ophthalmology shown in SerialsSolutions. Titles or backfiles added through this new acquisition will be labeled as ScienceDirect Freedom Collection or ScienceDirect Backfiles.
UAB Libraries has also added access to the Embase database.
- Embase is a biomedical and pharmacologic database with extensive international journal and conference coverage. It is useful for comprehensive or systematic literature reviews, supporting effective evidence-based practice and in drug and medical device tracking.
- Access Embase through the UAB Libraries Databases page.
- Questions? Ask a Librarian or contact me directly.
Suggestions for this guide
Welcome to Lister Hill Library
The Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences (LHL) at UAB is the largest biomedical library in Alabama and serves as a Resource Library for the Southeast/Atlantic Region in the National Network of Libraries of Medicine. The library was established in 1945. It is located at 1700 University Blvd. (map) and online at library.uab.edu/locations/lister-hill.
We invite you to visit in person to study, use computers, check out books, or attend a workshop, class, or tea. UAB wireless is available throughout the library.
Download printable floor map
Plaza Level: HUB service desk, computers, Group Study Rooms, comfortable seating areas, test prep books and textbooks for use in library, scanners, color copier, vending machines, microwave and Keurig coffee maker.
2nd Floor: Books, quiet study space, computers
Ground Floor: UAB Graduate School, Student Financial Aid & Student Accounting
Basement: Pre-1995 journals (Closed stacks. Articles scanned free for UAB affiliates. Request here.)
3rd Floor: Reynolds-Finley Historical Library, UAB Archives, Alabama Museum of the Health Sciences
4th Floor: Edge of Chaos