Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Questions of Authority:
- What group or organization is responsible for the page?
- The domain name can provide clues
- .edu = four-year educational institution
- .org = not-for-profit organization
- .gov = governmental body/agency
- .com = commercial entity/for-profit organization
- .mil = United States military
- Who is the author of the page?
- What are his or her credentials?
- Is there a contact address and phone number?
Similar...but VERY different!
You may need to dig to find out who is responsible for a page.
These two pages look similar, but they are VERY different!