First, note the book's author, title, and year of publication.
- Make sure the database covers the year the book was published.
- Search for the book title or combine the title with the last name of the book's author.
- To search for reviews of books about a topic, enter words describing the topic and try one of the following:
- Look for an option (often under Advanced Search) to limit search results to book reviews.
- If necessary, add the phrase book review or the word review.
Searching Print Book Review Indexes
- Check the volume(s) that covers the publication year of the book plus two to three years beyond the book's publication date.
- Print sources usually list book reviews under the author's name, title of the book, or in a separate section for book reviews.