This page provides strategies for successful searches. Try searching these databases yourself in the search boxes below.
Then click on the demonstrations tab above for examples of each database and help on using it.
Follow these 5 steps for a successful search:
1. Identify key concepts and think of synonyms for each concept.
2. Build search statements using AND, OR, and sometimes NOT.
3. Choose the right databases and resources to search.
4. Use search tips or help files in the database.
5. Ask a Librarian if you get stuck or need any help!
Lister Hill Library