The original UAB Libraries 3D printing space, Lister Hill Library 3D Printing is located on the 1st floor of Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences across from the HUB desk.
There are now 10 3D printers in Lister Hill Library 3D Printing. Ready to get started 3D printing? Visit the UAB Libraries Technology Labs events calendar or the UAB Campus Calendar for a list of scheduled 3D printer trainings.
Just curious about 3D printers? Stop by any time during our open hours to see the printers in action or visit the 3D Printing research guide.
Anyone interested in using a UAB Libraries 3D printer UAB Libraries must complete required training and review and sign the certification for use of the 3D printers. The certification includes the following:
By using the 3D technology Users are certifying that the objects they are printing:
- Are not prohibited by law.
- Are not unsafe, harmful, dangerous or threatening to the well-being of others.
- Are not obscene or otherwise inappropriate.
- Do not knowingly violate another’s intellectual property or privacy rights.
- Are not and will not intended for direct sale, retail, or immediate commercial use.
- Will not be used in human research or human clinical settings other than for educational purposes.
- Will not be used in animal laboratory settings without first obtaining approval from the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).