1. Go to PubMed
2. Click on "Sign in to NCBI"
3. You can sign into My NCBI either using a personal user name/password or name and password you use from a partner organization. The account will be linked to the organization. So, a quick way to create a linked account is to log in using your eRA Commons credentials after clicking on the "sign in with NIH" button shown in the screenshot below.
You can also choose to create a personal account using the "Register" link or use your Google or UAB passwords to make an account. Be sure to link accounts created this way to your eRA Commons account following the directions in the box to the right.
If you prefer to sign in using your Blazer ID and password, click on the "See more 3rd Party options" link, and then choose University of Alabama at Birmingham from the choices offered.
Note that you can opt to stay signed unless you sign out by using the checkbox on each page.
It is easy to link your current My NCBI account to your eRA Commons account! This is a one-time procedure.
1. In PubMed, log into My NCBI, then click on your user name to open "Accounts Settings"
2. On the accounts settings page, click on the Change icon next to " Linked Account"
3. Enter NIH into the search box (or scroll down to find it) and click on the link.
4. You will see that your account has been successfully linked! You can remove the link at any time by clicking on the red x.
5. Now, when you open your My Bibliography page, you will see the eRA icon and the Awards view choice.