Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Authors: How to Appoint a Delegate
Delegates are persons who are granted permission by My Bibliography owners to view and manage their bibliographies. Delegates can:
- add and remove citations
- check whether a manuscript is complaint with the NIH Public Access policy
Delegate invitations are initiated by My Bibliography collection owners. To invite a delegate:
1. Log into your linked MyNCBI Account
2. Choose "Edit Settings"
3. Click the “Add a Delegate” link
4. Enter the delegate’s e-mail address. Click the “Add a Delegate” button.
Your delegates will receive an email which they must then confirm by clicking on a link in the email. Instructions are in the box to the right.
To remove delegates:
- 1. Sign into My NCBI and go to My Bibliography
- 2. Click the "Settings" link
- 3.Click the red X, next to the delegate’s e-mail address.
- 4.A pop-up message will ask you to confirm the deletion. Click OK.
Delegates: How to Confirm your Connection
Delegate invitations are initiated by My Bibliography collection owners as shown in the box to the left. You will receive a confirmation email.
To confirm the connection:
1. Sign into your personal My NCBI account before replying to the confirmation email. ( If you do not yet have an account, register for a My NCBI here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/)
2. Respond to the confirmation email from My NCBI by clicking on the URL provided.
3. Click on the "Confirm Connection" button.
Under "Collections" you should see a link for the bibliography for which you are a delegate along with a link to your personal bibliography. Open it to work with it.
Instructions and some images from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK53595/#mybibliography.Sharing_My_Bibliography