Lister Hill Library has both online journals and an extensive print journal collection. Some print journals in the collection are over 100 years old! Currently, we purchase e-journals, not print. Use the library catalog or e-journal list to see what holdings the library has for a specific journal.
To find journal articles, use a database to search by subject, author or specific journal. The list of LHL resources is found on the Databases page. You can also find search boxes for the PubMed, Scopus and Google Scholar databases on the LHL homepage.
Smartphone Users: Many library databases and resources now have mobile websites. See the list here. Click on the Mobile link in the "Access Information" column to get instructions for each.
Some useful databases for biomedical research include:
After retrieving citations, link to full text when available using . View FAQ about using Article Linker.
1. Identify key concepts and brainstorm search terms for each
2. Build search strings using "and" "or" and, sometimes, "not"
3. Choose the right resources or databases to search
4. Use search tips or Help files in the database to focus your searches
5. Ask a Librarian if you get stuck!
Lister Hill Library