Learn how to use LHL resources by consulting the guides below.
UAB's Academic Honor Code states:
The University of Alabama at Birmingham expects all members of its academic community to function according to the highest ethical and professional standards. Students, faculty, and the administration of the institution must be involved to ensure this quality of academic conduct.
Academic misconduct undermines the purpose of education. Such behavior is a serious violation of the trust that must exist among faculty and students for a university to nurture intellectual growth and development. Academic misconduct can generally be defined as all acts of dishonesty in an academic or related matter.
Academic dishonesty includes, but is not limited to, the following categories of behavior:
See our Academic Integrity guide for more information.
This video gives a general overview of resources and services available on the LHL webpage.
Follow these 5 steps for a successful search:
1. Identify key concepts and think of synonyms for each concept.
2. Build search statements using AND, OR, and sometimes NOT.
3. Choose the right databases and resources to search.
4. Use filters to refine search results.
5. Chat with a Librarian if you get stuck or need any help!