There are thousands of styles, each with their own formatting rules. That is why it is so nice have a tool like EndNote Online that will take care of the formatting for you. Instructions for using EndNote Online to format your citations in a Word document are below.
1) Open the EndNote Online toolbar in your Word document by clicking on the EndNote Web tab
2) In the EndNote Online toolbar, open the Style drop-down menu and select one of the available styles (or to select a style not listed in the drop down menu, click Select Another Style...).
Helpful Tip: The list of available styles in EndNote Online is rather long. You can create a shorter, customized list of favorite styles so you don't have to hunt for yours every time. The instructions for creating a "Favorites" list of styles are below.
1) Within EndNote Online, click the Format tab and then click on Bibliography
2) Next to the Bibliographic style field, click on the Customize this list link
3) Highlight the styles you want to add to your favorite styles list and then click the Copy to Favorites button
Note: If Microsoft Word was open on your computer when you made these changes, you will have to close Word and reopen it for the changes to have been put into place.