If the book you would like to add to your EndNote Online library is not in the Lister Hill or Sterne Library catalogs, you can try exporting book citations from WorldCat.
Remember, if you can't find a book in a catalog, you may just want to manually add the book reference to your EndNote Online library.
The methods described on this page will help you get most of the bibliographic content for books into your EndNote Online library. However, ALWAYS look over book citations you add to your library using the approaches demonstrated on this page. (This is a good rule of thumb for any newly-added citations.) There are several known issues with adding book citations using Online Search:
1) Log in to your EndNote Online account. Put your cursor over the Collect tab and click Online Search.
2) Select UAB Lister Hill Library or U Alabama-Birmingham from the drop-down menu. If you do not see either of these options, you can click the Select Favorites link to the right. This will display a box with a complete list of all available connections (under the heading, "All"). Highlight the catalog you wish to use and click Copy to Favorites.
3) That catalog should then appear on the right in your My Favorites list. It should also now be an option on the far left, just above the Connect button. Select it there and click Connect.
4) Next, you will be shown a search page where you can enter keywords, title, etc. for what you're looking for in the catalog. If you have a specific title, you can enter that in the first search blank and select Title from the drop-down menu. Once you've entered your search terms, click Search.
(Note: Leaving the selection above the Search button as "select a range of records to retrieve" is especially important if you do a keyword search that may bring back a very large number of results.)
5) If you told EndNote Online to allow you to "select a range of results," the next screen will show you how many results were found and allow you to specify how many you want to see. Click Retrieve to proceed and view the results.
6) The next screen will show you the search results. These results are NOT automatically added to your permanent EndNote Online library. You will need to check the box next to any items you wish to save to your library, click the Add to group drop-down menu, and tell EndNote Online where you wish to save the reference(s).